Hell0! This is my third Stretch Goal post. This is also a continuation of last month’s Stretch Goal to write MIDI files for songs for my album, The Torch.
My role this month is to be a mixer/masterer. I say this because those skills will be needed to write what I have written in my head into MIDI.
By May 31, in collaboration with my brother, I will apply what was learned in the Holistic Songwriting series to finish writing MIDI files for the songs for my upcoming album, The Torch.
I am doing this for 2 reasons, just like last time: 1) It allows me to have a backing track for when I eventually record the songs for the album that will 2) create a portfolio for Musician’s Institute, which is a college that I’m looking to enroll in.
I plan to use Garageband and write out what is left of the album part by part, song by song.
I plan to work on it whenever I have the time to do so.
- Already done is the MIDI file for the song Minotaur, completed last month. I also have a rough recording of the song Daydream, recorded prior to the pandemic that will serve as it’s MIDI file.
- By May 8, I will have the MIDI file for the song Motown done and uploaded to Soundtrap.
- By May 13, I will have the MIDI file for the song Tear It Down done and uploaded to Soundtrap.
- By May 20, I will have the MIDI file for the song The Torch done and uploaded to Soundtrap.
- By May 25, I will have the MIDI file for the song Get Away Closer done and uploaded to Soundtrap.
- By May 29, I will have the MIDI file for the song F.E.Y.Wild done and uploaded to Soundtrap.
Much like last time, my main inspirations are AC/DC and Metallica, along with Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Five Finger Death Punch, and Brad Paisley on a lesser scale. But this month, there is more. I also have added Cody Marks, Shinedown, Megadeth, and Halestorm to join the names listed above on the lesser scale.
Updated Evidence #1:
Tear It Down:
Updated Evidence #2:
Updated Evidence #3:
Get Away Closer:
Updated Evidence #4:
NOTE: All of these songs will have lyrics in the final versions, along with guitar/bass solos for some, but they were excluded from the MIDI files for the reason that they would be near impossible to write out in MIDI.