Session 4 Production Project

Summary

Hello! For the past month, I have been working with my buddy Keith Porteous to record and release the songs from Keith’s Dramafest musical, New York Or Here. The song listed below is the first mix of the second song in the musical, Squint. 

21st Century Skills Evidence

Ways of Thinking 

Having never navigated SoundTrap prior to this session, the main challenge was getting used to the site and finding my way around things.

Ways of Working 

I dumped the audio files Keith sent me into Garageband, adjusted levels and EQ, then sent it straight to SoundTrap.

Tools For Working 

I used GarageBand to mix and SoundTrap to publish Squint.

Ways of Living in the World

Wanting to be a musician in the real world, it was nice to try my hand at recording songs that aren’t really in my wheelhouse of working expertise.

The Song

Reaction

“Balance is inconsistent but you captured the essence of the energy in the song. Very Funny!” 

– SSG. Leo Altamiranda

Evaluation

Overall, I’m very pleased with it. There is definitely room for improvement, but it covered most of the bases pretty well.

What I Learned

So what did I learn from all of this? Well, the main thing that I learned this time was how to use SoundTrap, which is extremely important because I plan to use it more in the future.