Rock Production Post #2

Summary

Hello again. This time is going to be different from every other post that I’ve done thus far. Why? Because I didn’t create a song this cycle. Shocking, right? So what did I do? Well, my focus was not on myself, but on other people. I played the role of mentor, mainly helping the band in the School of Rock Greenroom stay in time. Now on to the specifics.

21st Century Skill Of Focus

This month’s Skill of Focus is WAYS OF THINKING, specifically Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.

Skill Evidence

At the beginning of the production cycle, the band and technical teams were not on the same page, as a team and together. Tiana and I helped separate people, get them back on track, and help people focus on what they wanted to do as a band. All while Mr. Leduc was absent. Not bad, huh?

What I Did

After that, I just helped the creative team stay in time and give them pointers in arrangement, technique, and overall live mixing by the band and their ears. The latter was taught to help the technical team not have to adjust levels as much.

Reactions

The overall reaction by Mr. Leduc by my work was supportive.

Evaluation

Same with the evaluation panel that met last Tuesday at the time of posting.

What I Learned

So what did I learn from all of this? Well, i learned from Mr. Walsh tips how to be a better mentor and “educator”. That’s about it. Until next time…