Unit 8 – Film Operation and Control

SUMMARY

I know it’s been a while since I’ve been blogging, but summer is for vacations, right? Well, doesn’t matter, ’cause I’m back for Year/Round 2. So what did I do this time? I started swinging on my most recent assignment: find a video on Youtube with little and no sound and make a theme regarding the clip.

VIDEO

WHAT I DID

Believe it or not, I actually wrote the theme before I chose a clip to work with. I was just noodling around with a keyboard, trying to find a riff that worked with a clip that I chose, but I came up with the main riff that you hear and really liked it. So I flipped my strategy and looked for clips that worked with the riff and chose a clip called “The Duel” posted by sam skillman. After that, it was off to the races. I once again went to YouTube and picked a gunshot that was better that the one that was there before. All of the other effects were created by sam.

WHAT I LEARNED

So what did I learn from all of this? I basically recapped what I learned last year and refreshed my memory on how to use GarageBand.